Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WORK WORTH DOING


So yesterday night I went to see the second design lecture, from Work Worth Doing. I've got to say, I thought their presentation was actually pretty dull in itself, they were just reading off a script kind of, which is never fun. Their work, on the other hand was really, really fascinating to me. They choose to take on controversial issues such as water and energy conservation and address them through a design perspective (although sometimes the graphic design aspect was a little difficult for me to pinpoint).


Anyway, they had really fascinating and innovative ideas on sustainability and things like that, and the most interesting part for me was their Q&A after their lecture which was really inspiring.


If you guys are interested in politically/socially driven work, definitely give their stuff a look, (they worked on Massive Change with Bruce Mau, too!).

1 comment:

Filip said...

Sure gonna check them out later...Massive Change is cool...the book is good too i think...anyway...I am going to work on my own in a space togheter with a guy who worked with Bruce Mau and I am really looking forward to hearing about his experiences and whatever he has to say that may be interesting:)