Friday, November 9, 2007

Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself as well, to help clear up all the confusion. :)

I'm Alexandra (Julie's sister) and I am 19 years old in my second year at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Originally I was studying graphic design, but now I think I will study Interactive Media instead. (still with an emphasis in graphic design) I also did an internship screen-printing, which was super fun!

My favorite designer would have to be daniel eatock, although I also do really love Mike Perry and post typography (who gave the most entertaining lecture I've ever attended!)

On that note, here's a good link. It's 'Labor Camp' by Piotr Szhyalski the head of the interactive department at MCAD. I went to a performance piece of labor camp, and it was amazing. A lot of political imagery and a really solid performance. Its basis is in propaganda and the poetry of Mao Tse-tung. Anyway, check it out. I'd suggest the 'labor camp orchestra' section, it's a sort of beautiful musical collage, absolutely fascinating!

P.S. Here's my website:

alexandraroche.com

Oh, and as for music, my favorite bands are WHY? Radiohead, Ted Leo and the pharmacists, and about a million others!

No comments: