Saturday, April 26, 2008

dutch design

everyones seems to be pretty impressed by dutch design at the moment and wanting to go on exchange to the netherlands. I would love to help you guys or give you information about other schools here in holland but yeah you really just have to look a little for yourself and see what interests you. In my experience and as i heard from other exchange students the dutch design part, yes you'll be exposed to it, but then whether you learn something from it really comes from your part and how you make use of it. It also depends what school you go to. I mean i don't know how other schools go about it, with mine it's... yea i dont really know how to explain it but its not like they teach you how to make dutch design. But exchanges are great i'm all for it, plus if you go here you do get the opportunity to meet other people who do make great design, and i would make full use of visiting as many studios as you can like experimental jetset, 75b, dumbar etc.etc. I lost track of what my point was to this post. Good luck though :D and yuh if i can be of any help or anything let me know.

3 comments:

Filip said...

Yeah you are totally right...I think it is some kind of underlying filosophy...a kind of state of mind that has grown over the years with examples like Wim Crouwel and other modernist influenced designers...you are right you can't really learn it in some way...it depends on yourself...it is somehow like creativity...you can't really learn it but you can develop it in same way:)

Julie said...

mmmmmmmmm I loveeeeee studio dumbar. A lot.

yutsak said...

but regardless, I think it's nice to be surrounded by people who are somewhat trying to be influenced. I think the foreign students going to the netherlands are more serious (not the exchange ones..but the real ones) and they want to be influenced. I want to be in that environment! I am applying to Rietveld and Einthoven for next year!