Sunday, January 27, 2008

PROJECT IDEA!

Ok sooooo all of a sudden a few days ago I had this idea for a project we could do. And then I had another idea. And thennnn I started getting really excited about it. So, I'll propose my ideas here and please let me know if you'd be interested.
It could be really fun :D

Idea 1: I was thinking..... we could start with one piece of paper, let's just say I'd start. And I'd take this piece of paper and do a little something with a letraset on it. And then, I'd stick the piece of paper with the design on it, and a piece of the letraset into an envelope and sent it on over to whoever wanted to be next. Then, that person would take the piece of paper, and also use the letraset (if they wanted to) and then use or add some sort of other thing... cut something from a paper.... add something, anything. And they'd maybe add something small and flat to the envelope for the next person to use. It's just continue until we were done... or well.. I'm not too sure how we'd finish this one up (but suggestions are awesome)!

Idea 2: Kind of building off of idea 1, I thought it might be fun if instead of one piece of paper, we could do something like a small sketchbook or something (they make really cute 3x4 moleskein ones!) But, since that might be more expensive to mail, I figured we could choose a standard size and then as long as each new page is that size, we can use whatever materials we want, and then bind it into a book at the end of the process. But it'd be kind of an open collaboration thing, sending back and forth, etc.

Ok, so I'm thinking it'd be nice to have something physical rather than digital.
Ooh, and if anyone is up for the idea, we should maybe choose a theme, right?
OH, and also, postage. I know, I know. I tried calculating postage, and it will vary based on weight. So if we could keep it flat and relatively light, postage could cost about a little over 1 USD.
Also, I realize there are probably holes in this explanation, it's hard to explain it overt he internet and everything. So let me know if it makes no sense, ahaha.

Soooo yep, any suggestions would be awesome. If you're even slightly interested, let me know: comment here or email me or whatever.

5 comments:

Filip said...

Hey Julie nice idea...the second idea is something I ve seen somewhere, but i have to ask a friend of mine who knows who did that when and how:) anyway i prefer idea 1...we do that in the pub when we are having drinks we pass a paper or napkin and everybody just adds an element to a drawing...and it s more physical...i like that (nothing against digital though:) but this time it should be nicer, knowing that piece of paper travelled the world...)...maybe i would n't include the tools...it would stay lighter for mail and...that way it might be more easy just to use own tools...i would hope tools differ from location to location(is this clear what i am trying to say...don't know if i still get it myself:P :D)...so bring on the letter or mail...or...
Grtz
Filip

Eline said...

i likeeeeeee ittt. i agree with filip, of actually sending around the paper, because everybody gets excited about getting little packages or letters, you know it's true. than i think everyone should just be free to use their own tools, then if you have some awesome idea you can just go crazy. ^_________^

Julie said...

Yayyyy! And yeah, the tools idea is kinda wierdo. I like your ideas of sticking with choosing our own materials and stuff.

The only thing I think is.... hm.... is a single sheet of paper too disposable? What do you guys think?

Anyway, should we exchange mailing addresses or create a directory or something?

ALSO, how about a theme? or should we just GO FOR IT!??!?!??!

Ok sorry so many questions!

Filip said...

i think we should just go for it...and i think a single piece of paper is so simple that it gets kinda poetic...anybody can stick other sorts of paper to it and the single paper could..."grow" bigger...

exchange of adresses perhaps through mail...to you Julie?...you could include a list in the enveloppe so the next one can just choose where to send it next...just don't want my adress just available for anybody on the web:)

ciaociao

Julie said...

Allright then, let's go for it! If you guys want to just email me your addresses, I'll print them out and stick them in the envelope with the paper. And I guess I will beginnnnnnnnnn!!!